Being able to express strong emotions such as anger in a socially appropriate manner is one of the most important skills your child can learn. Inappropriate anger expressions can either lead to internalizing behavior (withdrawal, depression, etc) or to externalizing behavior such as aggressive behavior.
Several studies suggest that children with behavior problems at age three or four have a 50% higher chance of presenting problem behavior when they enter their tween years.
If your child is unable to properly express anger, they may:
- Display recurring behavioral issues both at home and school
- Display aggressive behaviors
- Ultimately display psychological and social problems
- Have poor education outcomes
- Have fewer friends and more conflictual relationships at home and in school
- Display delinquent behavior in adolescence
- Suffer from psychological issues in adolescence and adulthood
Dealing with unpredictable behavior can be stressful for the entire family. One of the biggest problems is the fact that this behavior can turn into a vicious cycle. A child struggling in school may become even more angry because of feeling “left behind”, which may fuel even more anger and lead to more behavioral or academic problems.
Children’s inappropriate expressions of anger are common between the ages of two and four and become less frequent from age five/six. If your child is still having frequent anger outbursts after age five, it is important to help them learn appropriate ways of expressing anger as failing to do so increases the chances that their anger persists into adolescence and adulthood.
The Anger Expression Management Course can help you deal with your child’s expressions of anger more effectively.
Several studies that have focused on the impact of anger on children’s and adolescent’s behavior have found that the earlier the intervention, the easier it is to teach children appropriate ways to handle difficult emotions. There is evidence that children who receive training on appropriately expressing anger have fewer explosions of anger and less aggressive behavior.
The Anger Expression Management Course draws on proven resources to propose practical tools and resources you can put to use immediately.
The Anger Expression Management Course is for you if:
- Your child is between two and eight
- You are looking for practical strategies you can start applying immediately to help them express anger more effectively.
- You want to get rid of or at least reduce your child’s negative expressions of anger
- You want to increase your confidence in your ability to deal with their anger outbursts.
- You are looking for a toolkit to provide you with the exact strategies you can use to deal with your child’s anger.
- You want to regain control over your family life.
Here’s What You Get:
- A 5-day course loaded with practical tools and resources
- Over 15 worksheets to help you incorporate what you learn into your own specific context
- Powerful evidence-based tools
Here’s what you’ll learn in the course:
The objective of this Email course is to help you develop an effective “toolbox”. Science says that there are three zones of anger. This course focuses on these three zones and gives you the tools you need to deal with each of these zones more effectively. It also gives you practical tools to help your child make lasting changes.
Here is an outline of what the course will cover:
Session 1 – Zone one: What to do before the anger storm
Number of worksheets to download at the end of this session: 6
Session 2 – Zone two: Effectively managing the signs of an approaching anger storm
Number of worksheets to download at the end of this session: 4
Number of tip sheets to download: 1
Session 3 – Zone three: Surviving an anger storm (or the zone of no return)
Number of worksheets to download at the end of this session: 1
Session 4 – How to use positive discipline to make the behavior you want stick
Number of worksheets to download at the end of this session: 5
Session 5 – Helpful tips to manage your child’s anger more effectively
Number of worksheets to download at the end of this session: 3
Number of tip sheets to download: 2
How long will the course last?
This is a short and powerful course, designed to give you practical information you can use immediately. It lasts five days.
How do I access the training?
The Anger Expression Management Course is a digital product. You receive direct access once your payment is received. Every day, for five days, you will receive an email with practical and evidence-based information to help you deal more effectively with your child’s inappropriate expressions of anger. You will also receive downloadable worksheets to help you come up with your own personal strategy.
I will be away over the course of the training. How do I access it?
You will receive the course sessions every day for five days. All the sessions are numbered to enable you to follow the correct sequence and to build on what you have already covered. You can consult the emails at your convenience.
What if I change my mind?
Unfortunately, given the short duration of the course, no refunds are available.