Did you know that kids who have learned to express strong emotions such as anger and anxiety in a negative manner will most likely resort to aggression or other inappropriate behavior when faced with frustrating situations?
Teaching children to manage their emotions can ensure their well-being in childhood and beyond.
One of the most effective ways to help your child learn to regulate his emotions is by helping him understand that emotions are normal – everyone has them – and by helping him identify appropriate ways he can react to them. This “Emotions kit” sets out to help strengthen your child’s emotional regulation skills. It couples practical tips with several tools adapted to 4- to 9-year olds.
- Helping your child understand different emotions
- Helping your child be more aware of his/her emotions and how these manifest in the body
- Giving your child the tools to manage negative emotions
- Tips on using positive reinforcement to help your child manage emotions
- How you make your child’s emotion-driven behavior worse and what to do instead
- Knowing when to consult
What people are saying
“A wonderful and extensive collection of resources designed to give parents tools to communicate with their children about emotions”
Nadene van der Linden